The Immunization Program at the City of Amarillo Department of Public Health works to reduce the incidence of vaccine preventable diseases in Potter and Randall counties. We offer low- or no-cost vaccines to both children and adults.
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 8:00 am – 11:00 am & 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm.
1st Tuesday of each month: 8:00 am – 11:00 am & 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
Immunizations are available on a walk-in basis at the Health Department (1000 Martin Rd) for all ages. All clinics are weather and staff permitting.
TVFC eligibility includes the following individuals:
Any child who meets just one of the eligibility criteria listed below and who is 18 years of age or younger qualifies for TVFC vaccine:
- Is enrolled in Medicaid, or
- Does not have health insurance, or
- Is an American Indian/Native Alaskan, or
- Is underinsured (has health insurance that does not pay for vaccines, has insurance that provides limited wellness or prevention coverage).
Price for vaccinations is $5 for one vaccine and $10 for two or more vaccines. Vaccines are offered at no charge for Medicaid clients. No child will be turned away for inability to pay for vaccination.
Parents must bring a current copy of each child’s immunization record.
If the parent or legal guardian is not present with the child, a signed release must be presented authorizing the adult to consent to immunize the child. Consent must include the following:
- The signature of parent, managing conservator, legal guardian, or other person authorized to give consent
- The name and birthdate of minor
- The name of adult giving consent for immunizations of the minor; and
- The relationship of the adult to the minor for whom the parent or the legal
guardian giving consent
Adults who have no health insurance qualify for Adult Safety Net vaccine.
Request for Records:
In order to request an immunization record, immunizations must have been received from the City of Amarillo PHD. A records request must be filled out in person at the Health Department. There is no charge for records.
Immunization Records Request Hours:
Monday-Friday: 8:00 am – 11:30 am & 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Immunization Clerk: 378.6343
Program Manager: 378.6342